Make Tuesday the New Friday with Buzztime Digital Entertainment!

Thread: Internet Jukebox advice

Internet Jukebox advice

I am thinking of purchasing my own Internet jukebox. It would pay for itself in just a few months. However, many platforms require that you be a vendor to get the service. For instance; Touchtunes, which is what we have now doing the 50/50 split.

I read one article that AMI/Rowe boxes do not require a vendor license. IS that true?

Do I have any options to get my own Internet jukebox without a vendor license?

Angry Nobody?

Notice no one got back to you?

I'm in the same boat. I currently own my own 100 cd Rowe jukebox in my pub. I bought it a decade ago when I realized how much money was going into it and how little I was getting. Not too mention that I didn't even like the music selections.

I've been beaten up by Rowe and Touchtunes recently trying to buy an internet jukebox. They both claim I need to be a vendor, I said I'd be happy to sign an operators agreement and give out my banking information so they can collect their royalties. Nope. In fact Rowe won't even sell me a digital coin mech to replace my mechanical one. I need to order it from a distributor.

I checked out NSM also but you need to buy 2 internet jukeboxes at the same time to be considered a vendor. I haven't yet given up, there's still Musicbox and.... don't know?!

There's a guy selling a Touchtunes on ebay and if I buy it, touchtunes won't turn the music on for me as I'm NOT A VENDOR!!

I've tried to nicley explain to these people that right now I'm making 100% of the profit, why should I settle for less than half when I'm supplying the location, the internet connection, the patrons. I'd really rather own one and have a service agreement with a local tech.

Anybody found a way around this?

Cheers!

An internet jukebox is useless without the music library. It's a live connection, not just files that get downloaded periodically. Those providers have built up a network of vendors that service and support their machines. They buy jukeboxes and other vending and amusement machines from them. They can't just cut them out of the action.

I know of one instance where a location was able to deal directly with the internet music provider. That would be AllanJustAllan whose bar is in a remote location that does not have local vending operators.

Quote Originally Posted by rootsreality View Post

I know of one instance where a location was able to deal directly with the internet music provider.
    Thanks for responding Roots. You proved my case for me though. If one exception can be made than there are no fixed rules. I'm not trying to do away with the operators livelyhood, there are plenty, the majority I'd bet, of bar / restaurant owners who can't be bothered looking after jukeboxes, counter top games, pool tables etc. Not too mention the cost of buying is in the thousands versus free when dealing with an operator.

I am the exception. I guess I'm a control freak. I'm sure my wife would say so.

For the last decade I've stocked my own juke, printed out title cards, programmed the discs, programmed messages, rotated little played discs, done minor repairs, (lighting, clean lens etc.) At other times I've hired a local operator to do the work I couldn't.

It seems to me that the internet juke would have very few moving parts other than lighting and maybe a bill or coin jam. A lot less work.

So how about a compromise? Operators of 3 or more internet jukes pay 19% royalties and owners (like myself) pay a higher rate. (25%)?

I'd love to hear from Allanjustallan if someone would pass this message on to him. I don't seem to have private msg. ability figured out or activated.

Cheers!

Here's to a prosperous week for us all!

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by dunringil View Post

Funny with the lag time before my posts are published I've already answered my own questions.

Maxfire and Beatbox are two digital jukeboxes that work on a monthly subscription rate of around $55 rather than a percentage and you don't need an operator (or third party) to buy one.

There is 20-50,000 songs on the hard drive compared to 2,000 for touchtunes and the monthly rate doesn't change in value whereas a % based would change with useage.

The monthly fee covers updates and licensing.

I haven't chosed between the two yet, I'm hoping to get out to a couple local locations that have them installed (I understand a few area Boston Pizza's carry the Maxfire) and see them for myself.

One cool feature of the Maxfire is that patrons can d/l songs or videos directly onto their phone or mp3 player. At a predetermind price of course.

Anyone on here have either or seen either in use and care to comment on pros or cons would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

Your choice isn't really limited to which downloader, but rather downloader or not...
    Check out SeeburgDigital.com
    There is an alternative!

For those who are sick of The Rowe, Touchtunes Monopoly, I'm happy to present my business ProAudioIllusions. I'm not internet based but you can load all your music, download music, play movies, advertise your specials and get paid 100% of all your profits. Please check out my services at www.proaudioillusions.com

Talking Internet juke boxes are not always the way to go

I am looking at getting a few bars here in michigan to set up an audio server with auto music of what they want to hear. I even help set them up thats why i suggest you check in to www.mmrhosting.com

check in to a internet server it's easier and quicker and never stops music till you stop it. check out www.mmrhosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by ProAudioIll. View Post
    For those who are sick of The Rowe, Touchtunes Monopoly, I'm happy to present my business ProAudioIllusions. I'm not internet based but you can load all your music, download music, play movies, advertise your specials and get paid 100% of all your profits. Please check out my services at www.proaudioillusions.com

That is not licensable for Paid Public Performance by ASCAP, BMI and SESAC

You CAN own your own jukebox!!!

Our company was created just for this reason...
    Lease America gives bar owners the opportunity to purchase their own jukebox at a flat monthly fee with no additional charges, and you KEEP 100% of the cash drop. Our boxes also include Karaoke, Bingo, Keno, & Music Video!!! I would be happy to answer any and all questions regarding this matter!
    Call me at 800-950-9634 or email me at jess@leaseamerica.com
    This is the only way to go to have total control of your earnings!!
    Thanks
    Jess

YES you can own your digital internet jukebox!!!

Our company was created just for this reason...
    Lease America gives bar owners the opportunity to purchase their own jukebox at a flat monthly fee with no additional charges, and you KEEP 100% of the cash drop. Our boxes also include Karaoke, Bingo, Keno, & Music Video!!! I would be happy to answer any and all questions regarding this matter!
    Call me at 800-950-9634 or email me at info@leaseamerica.com
    This is the only way to go to have total control of your earnings!!
    Thanks
    Charlie

We have a touch tunes and I personally am very happy with it. The cuts are a bit shitty but for the service I feel it is worth it! It pays me between $70 - $100 per week. Before we took over they had an old juke box with the same shitty songs in it. Touch Tunes has something for everyone, any time all the time. As a musician I dig the fact that Artist are getting paid.

OWN your own jukebox

Quote Originally Posted by seed View Post
    We have a touch tunes and I personally am very happy with it. The cuts are a bit shitty but for the service I feel it is worth it! It pays me between $70 - $100 per week. Before we took over they had an old juke box with the same shitty songs in it. Touch Tunes has something for everyone, any time all the time. As a musician I dig the fact that Artist are getting paid.
    How would you like to OWN your own Jukebox with 100% control of the cash box, set your own pricing, manage your music selections, with an extensive and current music library, and the keys in your hands? Lease America at 800-950-9634 offers all of this and more.

Touch Tunes is a good product but you cannot own it and the fees are as high as 37% before the 50/50 split with the operator. In addition to those ridiculous fees, standard practice by most Touch Tunes operators is a weekly $99 minimum before percentages. Touch tune software also allows the operator to hide money from the accounting. If you have a Touch Tunes and your happy with it count the money with your operator.

For more info
    Call Lease America at 800-950-9634
    email to info@leaseamerica.com

Many Thanks

Own Your Own Jukebox

NSM Music is the only long-standing jukebox manufacturer that lets bars own their own digital jukebox. They've been manufacturing jukeboxes for 60-years and have recently begun selling to locations. www.ownyourjukebox.com

I am thinking of purchasing my own Internet jukebox. It would pay for itself in just a few months. However, many platforms require that you be a vendor to get the service. For instance; Touchtunes, which is what we have now doing the 50/50 split.

I read one article that AMI/Rowe boxes do not require a vendor license. IS that true?

internet jukebox jvl boom

iam looking for some feed back on this type of jukebox pro and con.I am ready to upgrade from my old c.d player to this type and my understanding that may be the way to go. thank you jvl media stream

Things are changing

NSM Music has a new program for Bar Owners to purchase their own digital jukebox. They service directly with 24/7 support, give a 3-year warranty and charge a flat monthly fee for music. www.nsmmusicinc.com

Thread Information