Make Tuesday the New Friday with Buzztime Digital Entertainment!

Thread: Empty Crystal Head Vodka bottles

Empty Crystal Head Vodka bottles

We recently started pouring Crystal Head vodka. Everyone wants the empty 'skull' bottles. We are keeping track of who has purchased it, figuring we could raffle the bottles off to the people who actually drank it. That seemed the fairest for now. I would like to challenge the forum members to come up with other ideas to make the bottle allocation more of an event. Whatchathink?

I'd keep them. Fill with colored water or glow in the dark liquid and use on Halloween.

i am not sure if gambling is allowed in your state, but we are tipping them off. we are selling $1 tips, therefore i will make $20 off of each bottle, which pays for half the bottle itself.

It wouldn't be gambling if you did it as a Lottery and sold tickets. Make sure that you have a lottery license for temporary ticket sales.

Roots,

Are you sure Calif. law allows you to do this ?

Back when I had my places , they made you break the neck of the bottle as soon as it was emptied . Of course this was many years ago .
    Better check with A.B.C.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Warehouse View Post
    Roots,

Are you sure Calif. law allows you to do this ?

Back when I had my places , they made you break the neck of the bottle as soon as it was emptied . Of course this was many years ago .
    Better check with A.B.C.
    Don
    We still call the empties "breakage" but we now haul them to a recycling center. There is a small recycling deposit paid at each bottle purchase which we get back from the recycling center. I don't mind losing the 10 cents.

If you have a steady supply of this product then just make it a rule that whomever finishes the last shot gets to keep the bottle if they like. I have had many customers finish off bottles in this manner. In the end it is great for everybody.

Suerte
    CB

Could we just sell the bottles when there empty or is this illegal?

I am sure this would vary from state to state. I'll check into California's stand on it.

Why would selling an empty bottle be illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Havensloft View Post
    Why would selling an empty bottle be illegal?
    You can't use logic to try and figure out the ABC rules. There are a lot of bizarre restrictions. In California it is illegal to have a calender or clock with beer or liquor advertising on it. Why? Who knows!

Does anybody has experience with buying alcohol online...its seems like you get Crystal Head cheaper if you purchase with a internet company.

What are your thoughts on this???

Here in MA we need to go throught liquor reps. Buying other places is a big no no. state has to get their taxes. check your laws on that one for your state.

Quote Originally Posted by rootsreality View Post
    You can't use logic to try and figure out the ABC rules. There are a lot of bizarre restrictions. In California it is illegal to have a calender or clock with beer or liquor advertising on it. Why? Who knows!

That is so crazy! wow, I didn't know that. We can put up posters and neon lights with liquor or beer advertizing. Strange that you cna't put it on a clock! I wonder what their reasoning for that one is or if there is one. Some one sits and decides "hey lets make it illegal to put signage on a bar clock" scratching my head....

The law was developed to keep everyone on a level playing field. The Liquor and Beer distributors can't use their swag to influence your purchases. I feel that it's a goofy law but it really helps the little guys.

Most States don’t allow out-of-state liquor purchases, either via the internet or across state lines. Yes, it has to do with the tax issue. But, it is designed to keep minors from purchasing alcohol by non-traditional means.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Most States donít allow out-of-state liquor purchases, either via the internet or across state lines. Yes, it has to do with the tax issue.
    Steadydoses - In most states establishments licensed for alcohol resale are severely restricted in where they may purchase beer and liquor. Here in Northern California most brands have just one resale vendor. I can't buy anywhere except the one authorized wholesaler. I risk my license if I buy liquor at places like Costco, Sam's Club, BevMo, etc. Price doesn't play into it at all. It is all about tax oversight.

Steadydoses - Always check with your own State ABC. Laws vary from state to state. There's no longer a law requiring you to break the empties.
    David - Raffles are considered a lottery--and lotteries (except the CA State Lottery) are illegal (a misdemeanor). Read about lotteries here. http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...0&file=319-329

Thread Information