Make Tuesday the New Friday with Buzztime Digital Entertainment!

Thread: Shot Girls

Shot Girls

What do you guys usually pay your shot girls per hour? Also do you make them tip out the bar staff?

Shot girls don't tip out the bar staff. (At least I've never seen that).

The two methods of compensation that I've seen are:

a) Offer them 25 cents (or some other percentage) for every shot they sell, plus they get to keep their tips.

b) Offer them base pay for the night (like $20), plus they get to keep their tips.

Putting them on the books and paying hourly is another option but can get expensive.
    Peter Altholz, CEO
    theBESTofBUFFALO Promotions
    http://www.thebestofbuffalo.com

i pay my shot girls 50 cents per shot that they sell, plus they get to keep their tips. i also use this position as an incentive. the waitress that had the highest sales per hour for the previous weekend gets the job when i do the next schedule.

i usually make them anywhere from 200 - 400 shots, so if they sell all of them, they will make a guarantee of $100 - $200, so they work their butts off every weekend on the floor to be able to get this position.

We have to pay minimum wage. We do pay extra for each shot sold. That extra amount depends on what he/she's selling. Yes, one of my clients uses a guy and a girl combo. Try it. It works really well.

Most bars have three or four flavors available and charge the same price for each. We use a three tiier pricing structure. We have a well liquor choice, Jager Bomb and a premimum shot like Patron and lime juice.

The shot person has to make all of their own beverge combos and do all of the work and clean up. They don't tip out anyone because they are doing all of the work.

besides test tubes what is everyone using as far as glassware,plastic,belts etc for there shot girls?

From what I have heard (from the side of the business that sells the shot serving items) is several methods, most described above.

HOWEVER I have a couple of customers that pay their 'Shot Girls' nothing but the tips they make... This typically is when selling cheap Test Tube Shots because everyone will leave at least $1 tip on a test tube shot that only cost them $1.. or $2.. One place that does this sells them for $2 each OR 2 for $3 - That gives her a $2 tip almost every single time. Keep in mind how fast these girls can sell these shots, if THAT IS ALL THEY ARE DOING, and how much cash that comes out to. Heck, even a couple ugly dudes like David & myself can make money doing this - LOL

grpubboss - Other Shooter Ideas for Shot Girls
    1) Bullet Shots (these are great when served witth the 3-piece bandelerro belts) - Sexy & profitable!
    2) Jello Shots (always an add-on sale, which means add-on profit!
    3) Jello Injectors - This has been the fastest growing segment with our company! The new small Injectors (1oz) that we, and many others, carry fir perfect in the same bandeleroo belts that the bullet shots do! Another way to 'serve' them in just in a bucket, like one from your beer guys - Make sure and put enough ice at the bottom where about 1/2 or more of the injector is sticking out so people can see them and wonder what the... ALSO, if you want to really make this cool, get a couple .99 glow sticks and a little dry ice & toss in the buckets. Now you have a sexy lady selling Jello Injectors from a bucket that is smoking and glowing! I've done this many times when doing promo's for customers, and it does create a cool reaction!

There are also some very, lets just say, 'creative' methods and devises to serve shots with/from, but i'll table that for another post.

Hope this helps.
    Bobby Barnes
    Shotski's - Part of the new Florida Bar Supplies, Inc Family
    904-375-1325
    http://www.FloridaBarSupplies.com
    http://www.shotskis.com
    www.BombShots.com
    Bobby@shotskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by SHOTSKI'S View Post
    From what I have heard (from the side of the business that sells the shot serving items) is several methods, most described above.

HOWEVER I have a couple of customers that pay their 'Shot Girls' nothing but the tips they make... This typically is when selling cheap Test Tube Shots because everyone will leave at least $1 tip on a test tube shot that only cost them $1.. or $2.. One place that does this sells them for $2 each OR 2 for $3 - That gives her a $2 tip almost every single time. Keep in mind how fast these girls can sell these shots, if THAT IS ALL THEY ARE DOING, and how much cash that comes out to. Heck, even a couple ugly dudes like David & myself can make money doing this - LOL

grpubboss - Other Shooter Ideas for Shot Girls
    1) Bullet Shots (these are great when served witth the 3-piece bandelerro belts) - Sexy & profitable!
    2) Jello Shots (always an add-on sale, which means add-on profit!
    3) Jello Injectors - This has been the fastest growing segment with our company! The new small Injectors (1oz) that we, and many others, carry fir perfect in the same bandeleroo belts that the bullet shots do! Another way to 'serve' them in just in a bucket, like one from your beer guys - Make sure and put enough ice at the bottom where about 1/2 or more of the injector is sticking out so people can see them and wonder what the... ALSO, if you want to really make this cool, get a couple .99 glow sticks and a little dry ice & toss in the buckets. Now you have a sexy lady selling Jello Injectors from a bucket that is smoking and glowing! I've done this many times when doing promo's for customers, and it does create a cool reaction!

There are also some very, lets just say, 'creative' methods and devises to serve shots with/from, but i'll table that for another post.

Hope this helps.
    thanks bobby,l was just looking to freshen things up for my shotgirls with new ideas/presentation etc.Could you pm me with a package of lets say 200 jello injectors,12 packs of jello mix,the belt for the injectors,and also l will try the dry ice presentation,with 2 glow sticks,so l would need dry ice?(l have shot girl 4 nights a week)l have the buckets,2 -4 glow sticks(how long do they last?) and l have test tube shots.lf you could put something together lthat would be great,thanks.

Hey Bobby.. or anyone..

Has anyone ever seen a shot backpack?

I don't know if I've ever seen this before or if I just dreamed about it, but I was thinking of equipping some of my girls with a camelback-type backpack filled with mixed liquor... then they could walk around with a holster full of shot glasses. This would eliminate the need for a tray (which could get knocked over in a high volume environment).

Does this exist? Anyone seen this before? Anyone know where I get get something like this?
    Peter Altholz, CEO
    theBESTofBUFFALO Promotions
    http://www.thebestofbuffalo.com

Buffalo the Backpack

http://www.barproducts.com/index.php...ff/promoex.php

Click on blow out specials, than its like the 5th product down... the backpack drink dispenser... the girls can carry 100 oz of any beverage... it really is handy...

Jason

Large squirt gun from Walmart.

bobby, could you also PM me with info on the jello injectors.

And actually I have a general bar question was well. The owner at the venue Im promoting has no clue on how to push his bar to the consumers. I had a concert there 2 weeks ago 400+ people and he was still complaining about his bar at the end of the night. Some background: he has no draft beers (urban crowd so draft beer isnt something they really drink) and he has 2 bartenders, no shot girls, no barbacks, nothing, just 2 bartenders 1 male and 1 female and they both are average looking people.....

so my question is what can i suggest to the owner to increase his bar profits? and bring the traffic that I bring in to the venue to the bar? I can get the people in but the bar aspect of the business I'm lacking in knowledge.

Thanks

Get a cocktail waitress that knows her stuff.

Check out barproducts.com. I think they have the backpack your looking for.

Thread Information