Make Tuesday the New Friday with Buzztime Digital Entertainment!

Thread: Opening a Nightclub/bar in North Carolina

Lightbulb Opening a Nightclub/bar in North Carolina

I want to open a nightclub/bar in North Carolina. I found out that the ABC controls everything you do. You can't even promote happy hours, open bars, etc. It's illegal. Another stupid law is that you cannot sell more on alcohol and therefore, you have to become a 'private club'. I lived all of my life in the Philly, NY/NJ bar scene and I have never experience so many restrictions.

In any case, I have decided that my venture could work since I am bringing a more progressive attitude. Something that I feel is needed in this community. I have a business plan and some cash money. I have the staff and great ideas. I am looking for some guidance, hopefully someone out there reading this post is from NC. I'm also looking for a 'invisible investor'. I will use 80% of the cash flow to pay back the investor and a dividend after 3 years.

If you are interested to hear more about my nightclub idea, email me.

I laughed when I read this. I just moved to NC as well and was thinking about the exact same thing.

We should get together and talk about our experiences. In my area you cannot even sell mixed drinks!
    Justin Allen

Looking to add a video VJ to your club? I'm looking for a residency!

What's the hottest video's in nightclubs today?
    Check out my website under video mixes for the Top 15 hottest videos in April!

i am also trying to open a nightclub in NC. I go to east carolina university and am very farmiliar with the club scene. Yes, there are several alcohol related laws in NC, but there are also ways around them. For example, while having an open bar may be illegal, having "penny draft" or "penny liquor" is not. This is a common practice at several bars i attend, and will certainly be weekly events at my establishment.

JallenO,

cant serve mixed drinks huh.... im gonna venture to guess you live in Boone? It's rediculous, that being a college town and all. I have visited there many times, and must say there is absolutly nothing to do there as far as a nightlife is concerned. I think if you play your cards right you can certainly turn a profit by exploiting the lack of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ECUguy
    i am also trying to open a nightclub in NC. I go to east carolina university and am very farmiliar with the club scene. Yes, there are several alcohol related laws in NC, but there are also ways around them. For example, while having an open bar may be illegal, having "penny draft" or "penny liquor" is not. This is a common practice at several bars i attend, and will certainly be weekly events at my establishment.
    I'm aware of the this as well. Unfortunately, we are still looking for a place to open the club. We got the personnel, funds and pretty much everything ready. NC is the worst State for a club. If you can get it off the ground then it will be successful. Nightlife is boring in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by ECUguy
    JallenO,

cant serve mixed drinks huh.... im gonna venture to guess you live in Boone? It's rediculous, that being a college town and all. I have visited there many times, and must say there is absolutly nothing to do there as far as a nightlife is concerned. I think if you play your cards right you can certainly turn a profit by exploiting the lack of competition.
    Right now there is no competition as the only place that did dancing has shut down. (he had other financial issues) I am looking at his old building, but the new owner wants to sell it and not lease it.

Icrunch let's talk again.
    Justin Allen

Looking to add a video VJ to your club? I'm looking for a residency!

What's the hottest video's in nightclubs today?
    Check out my website under video mixes for the Top 15 hottest videos in April!

Thread Information