Get Arcade Gaming Tablets for your Bar or Restaurant!

Thread: How much would it cost to build a nightclub from the ground up?

How much would it cost to build a nightclub from the ground up?

Can anybody please give me an estimate on how much it would cost to build a nightclub from the ground up? I plan to have the facility 13,000 square feet. Thank you!!!!

Not an existing building from the ground up? Well, it all depends on how high end or high tech you want to go and where it would be at in Cali?, but 5-10million would be ballpark.Good luck.
    A cleanup guy.

How much...

TOO Much !!!!!!

(You are going to have to elaborate if you really want some feedback. New construction? New Building? Location, stage, number of bars..etc..)

Regardless........I still say....TOO MUCH !

There are many factors to take into account!

Land - Going to buyit of course I wouldn't lease the land if I was building from scratch. I doubt its cheap down in Cali for property to build such facailty

What type of venue are you looking for. Rave style, Nightclub style, lounge style, strip club. How many bars your planning on having because you'll need pos systems for each also how many bartenders per bar because then you might find it difficult if your running 3 bartenders and 1 pos per 3. It decreases revenues as your slowing down the time it takes to serve 1 client and move to the next if your having to wait to ring in. Also how many wells your having, you'll need soda pop guns. Are you serving draft as well? You'll need a walk in fridge for this size of venue to store things cold. Wat type of bar tops Sound system your looking for because you can get a 100K one or go for a 2million dollar one. Dj equippment, sofas,tables,lcds,dmx lighting,lasers lalalallalaaaaa

List all goes on and on and on. Costs just add up so what you need to determine is the type of venue your trying to get done and how many floors your looking to do and then what exactly your looking for inside- class or just a dump with some speakers and 1 bartender and no pos and use a dollar store calculator?

You might just want to look into buying a warehouse and renoing it, as construction isn't cheap to building a venue of that size from ground up.
    Ruben Rodrigues
    Owner/Event Planner
    647-268-3243
    rubenr@telus.net
    Miami Club Life|Club Life Toronto
    BlackBerry Pin:23335cb3

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben View Post
    There are many factors to take into account!

Land - Going to buyit of course I wouldn't lease the land if I was building from scratch. I doubt its cheap down in Cali for property to build such facailty

What type of venue are you looking for. Rave style, Nightclub style, lounge style, strip club. How many bars your planning on having because you'll need pos systems for each also how many bartenders per bar because then you might find it difficult if your running 3 bartenders and 1 pos per 3. It decreases revenues as your slowing down the time it takes to serve 1 client and move to the next if your having to wait to ring in. Also how many wells your having, you'll need soda pop guns. Are you serving draft as well? You'll need a walk in fridge for this size of venue to store things cold. Wat type of bar tops Sound system your looking for because you can get a 100K one or go for a 2million dollar one. Dj equippment, sofas,tables,lcds,dmx lighting,lasers lalalallalaaaaa

List all goes on and on and on. Costs just add up so what you need to determine is the type of venue your trying to get done and how many floors your looking to do and then what exactly your looking for inside- class or just a dump with some speakers and 1 bartender and no pos and use a dollar store calculator?

You might just want to look into buying a warehouse and renoing it, as construction isn't cheap to building a venue of that size from ground up.
    Thank you for your replies! I really appreciate them!

No problem. That's why we are here just msg if you need anything I reply within minutes
    Ruben Rodrigues
    Owner/Event Planner
    647-268-3243
    rubenr@telus.net
    Miami Club Life|Club Life Toronto
    BlackBerry Pin:23335cb3

It's always better to buy a nightclub or bar that has already been built and make a few changes according to the concept you want to create. I've bought a number of them over the years which I find on www.restaurants-for-sale.com. They list restaurants, bars and nightclubs which are for sale. If you try and buy a place from scratch and build from groundup you are going to spend 4 to 5 times what you would pay from just buying an established location. There are two different sides of the business. If you want to be a landlord and make more money then buy the real estate and lease out the space to a bar or nightclub operator. If you are the operator be smart and buy a built out location and don't waist your money.

I own 2 night clubs in louisiana and am currently opening a 3rd in texas. Forget building the actual structural business, unless you already own comercial property or property that can easily be re-zoned i suggest you lease a building for your first go round. 13000 sq feet is substantial, a 2500 sq foot building is goin to alot you room for a bar a dance floor a stage and about a 200 person capacity. If a building is already on the premises your zoning, your building codes (bathrooms,electrical, sprinklers etc) will be more lenient. Obviously this is jut an ideyour entertaining but it is a HUGE undertaking to open one with a building already present, much less build a facility from scratch. BUT THE MAIN THING IS YOUR LOOKING AT ABOUT $15000 TO STOCK A BAR FOR THE FIRST TIME, AND ROUGHLY $6000 FOR LICENSES AND PERMITS. PLUS YOUR RENT, UTILITIES, AND MAIN THING DUMPSTERS!!! SO I WOULD SAY AT MINIMUM BE READY WITH ABOUT 30,000 IN HAND TO OPEN ONE WITH AN EXISTING BUILDING.

I have been working on this myself, however as all of the veterans have said, building from scratch is costly and tedious. I have currently been looking into, of all places, a car lot that is now pushing daisies. The costs have been estimated (leasing) to be roughly $610,000 to have everything set up. Although I am still finding expenses so that number continues to grow. Also, the area is in Alabama, which is one of the poorest states. So, Cali will be 10-15X more expensive.
    I wish you luck
    ~MM

Thread Information