Make Tuesday the New Friday with Buzztime Digital Entertainment!

Thread: Website for closed down bars?

Website for closed down bars?

Besides me driving around looking for closed-down bars. Is their an easier way to search? Is their a website that list closed down bars where the owner is willing to transfer liquor license? What's the best way to search?

There is definitely no such list in Chicago. You can skim metromix.com or the other local nightlife sites for the closing announcements they sometimes run but otherwise it's the proven drive around, knock, and research system. A few realtors (Kudan Group) specialize in hospitality listings in Chicago but some of those listings have been up a looong time. Good luck.

Why don't to get a real estate agent to look into it for you. You'll be surprised how many places are up for sale that you aren't aware of, either up running now or closed down.
    Ruben Rodrigues
    Owner/Event Planner
    647-268-3243
    rubenr@telus.net
    Miami Club Life|Club Life Toronto
    BlackBerry Pin:23335cb3

try craigslist

Google "BizBuySell" under--- "Business Categories" select--- "Bars/Taverns" put in ---the "State" (if you wish) and hit --- "Asset Sales" at the top.
    This will show empty bars with fixtures only ( NO GOOD WILL ) for sale or lease.
    Also shows liquor licenses for sale & many combinations thereof .

Thnx all fore their helpful replies... Will look in to!

Most closed down bars would be up for sale, so you need to search bars for sale as well as clubs and restaurants. Besides the Kudan Group at kudangroup.com, look at this board's product sales and nightclubs for sale section for other searches.
    A cleanup guy.

Local city governments will also help. Business Development departments have lists and stuff. They're way helpful.

In Kansas City, we have a Regulated Industries Division that publishes a "Cease sale and delivery of alcohol" list online. Some of these businesses have gotten into financial trouble, and may be looking for an out. In my opinion - the earlier you can make an offer on a space, the better.

Here in California there are specialty brokers that just handle liquor licenses. Most operate statewide. Have you checked for this in your area?

I'll give you all a few great sources. If you are in San Francisco the best company to work with is Restaurant Realty Company - ask for Steve (www.restaurantrealty.com). If you are in Phoenix then talk to Reuly with The Restaurant Brokers (www.therestaurantbrokers.com). If you are in Boston then talk to Charlie with Boston Restaurant Group (www.bostonrestaurantgroup.com). Anywhere else I highly recommend using Restaurants For Sale (www.restaurants-for-sale.com) - you can check out their brokers directory to find local help. All of these resources have restaurants, bars and nightclubs available and are the industry's top resources.

http://www.atlantarex.com/

I have seen this site and looked over it alot. You really was not forth coming on the location so I used where I live lol. But I am sure if you contact one of the brokers from the site they should have contacts. Best of luck

Try property auctions. They normally have clubs and bars.

Thread Information