PDA

View Full Version : How much do you charge for a shot of patron? Mixers?

E-Burna
10-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Is patron simply a shot or used as a mixer at times? Also what's your price on it? A local bar charges $8 for the silver. I bought 2 bottles of the gold. My highest shot prices before this were $4 (hennessey, hypnotic, grey goose, makers mark) I'm thinking of charging $8 for the gold shot.

The Pitboss
10-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Is patron simply a shot or used as a mixer at times? Also what's your price on it? A local bar charges $8 for the silver. I bought 2 bottles of the gold. My highest shot prices before this were $4 (hennessey, hypnotic, grey goose, makers mark) I'm thinking of charging $8 for the gold shot.

Patron is used for other things than JUST a shot ... how bout a top shelf margarita ... OR i have a guest that comes in and drinks it on the rocks.

Forget what other people are charging ... how much did you actually pay for the bottle? What is your standard pour? (1 oz, 1.25oz, 1.5oz) ... what is your standard SHOT pour?

For example: im paying around 34.00 $ for a bottle of hennessey ... AND 25.00 $ for makers and 29.00 $ for grey goose ... then 37.45 for patron silver.

This is without and discounts i recieve from vendors ... so basing your pricing ONLY on what the guy down the block is charging isnt wise ... who knows .. his sales buddy may be giving him a deal AND not you.

Thats not to say ... you should try to keep your prices competetive with the other guy ... just keep in mind ... there are A FEW OTHER factors that will come into play when deciding YOUR prices

The Event Guy
10-11-2006, 05:01 PM
E-Burna, you've got to take a bartending class or start reading some management books so you can price out your product appropriately. You don't want to over/under sell your liquor by outrageous amounts. You should actually contact your liq dist so they can get you a beverage journal as it tells you the prices (by bottle) per well liq, premium, super premium, etc.

this will really help you crunch your numbers and help you get a bang for your buck and will guide you to better profits.

gimmeda8
10-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Six dollars here for the shot or mix. Patron Silver, that is. I don't have the gold.

E-Burna
10-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Six dollars here for the shot or mix. Patron Silver, that is. I don't have the gold.

Did I screw up by buying the gold? It's more expensive, and thus I assumed it was the 'better' bottle? I pay $49 for the gold, the silver was $42. I pay $25 or around that for hennesey, $33 for hypnotic, and $32 for grey goose. I've asked for the past 2 weeks for a list of bottles w/prices from my state liquor vendor, and I keep getting blown off blown off blown off like the ink ribbon needs replaced, we can't find it yet, etc, etc, but I'm going to keep asking till I get one.

Nekosohana
10-12-2006, 04:56 PM
This thread inspires me that I have a great chance of making it when I decide to start.

To answer your question, here is a good rundown:
http://www.itequila.org/types.htm

The difference in gold v. silver is slim. The reposado is a little smoother, and you go up.

When it comes to Patron though, it's the standard for tequila by which others are judged. So gold or silver is not a huge difference in taste with the Patron. Now if you compare Cuervo Gold to Patron Silver there is a huge difference.

allanjustallan
10-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Five bucks a one ounce shot for the silver, it way outsells the gold that I price at 5.5 and sometimes I have a tough time keeping it in stock,

Allan.

seandell
10-16-2006, 09:40 PM
$6.00 is the low out here in Northern CA, I have seen it for up to $10.00 in restaurants and higher in high end clubs, Stick with silver.

jayfly
10-17-2006, 12:56 AM
I am in Stockton and I sell my silver 1.25 oz. shots for $7. I have a fairly small bar (capacity is listed at 50) and during a good week I will go through 4 or 5 bottles. 2 or 3 during a slow week.

DanDTGB
10-17-2006, 02:58 PM
I am out in Knoxville, TN. I sell roughly 8-10 bottles of Patron a week. I sell my Patron Silver as a 2 oz. pour and sell it for roughly $10 a drink. I sell all of my upper end shots at 2oz. Most people buying it want the shot hefty and we just monitor them. If they want a Margarita it's the same price as the shot and we pull back to 1 1/4 oz. Patron, 3/4 oz. Grand Marnier. Costs out about the same.

When Spring and Summer are in full swing I sell over a case a week.

E-Burna
10-17-2006, 05:04 PM
My shots are all 1oz pours. I've been selling the patron gold (bought 2 bottles to start) at $6 a shot, and sold the 1st bottle in a week. Gonna sell the 2nd bottle and then switch to the silver and still charge the $6 a shot. A local bar that's a *little* more upscale charges $8 a shot for the silver, so I think $6 is fine. It seems to be going well.

Estefon
10-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Cost it out E-Burma and then decide your price based upon what your desired PC is for premium or super-premium liquors.

Generally speaking, I advise that your liquor pricing should be teared on 3-4 different levels. All depending upon the cost of the bottle and the ounces.

Here's my pricing (We're a super-cheap bar btw)

1.25 oz standard pour and 2 oz for 2 liquor (or more) drinks.

Well drinks: $2.50
Call: $3.50
Premium: $4.50
Super Premium: $5.50
Add juices: .50 cents
Add Redbull: $2.00
Two liquor drinks: Add $1.00
Doubles (build to 2 oz) Add $1.50 to well and $2.00 for call or premium.

Our desired overall PC is 25%
Liquors PC 18%
Draft PC 27%
Bottle PC 31%
Wine PC 35%

Classify all your liquors into those 3-4 categories based on the dollar you pay for them.

For me, a patron silver costs $38.50 for a 750 ML bottle.

25 oz/ 1.25oz = 20 shots per bottle.

38.50/20= $1.93 per shot

$1.93 / $5.50 (my tier for patron) = 35% PC. Not bad for a super premium if you ask me.

Being a club owner, your overhead is probably much higher than mine, so you'd need to bump your tiers a little more. However, it makes it so much easier for your bartenders and customers if everything is classified and priced in simple terms.

I hope that helps,

Steve

jayfly
10-17-2006, 09:33 PM
What would you classify as your calls, premiums and super premiums.

stugster
11-28-2006, 05:50 AM
I've asked for the past 2 weeks for a list of bottles w/prices from my state liquor vendor, and I keep getting blown off blown off blown off like the ink ribbon needs replaced, we can't find it yet, etc, etc, but I'm going to keep asking till I get one.

Your supplier obviously isn't giving you the customer service you deserve. if i was going to continue using them, I would suggest they get their own act together on their company!